Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Two Years of Marriage

This is what Greg and I were doing two years ago today:

Our Wedding Day
Around our wedding, I was really into this country song "Then" by Brad Paisley (still kinda am, if I am honest). Maybe it's a little cheesy. I'm okay with that. The last couple lines from the chorus go like this: "We've come so far since that day/ And I thought I loved you then". 


I've heard people say that having kids teaches a person a lot about unconditional love. I think the same can be said about marriage. I realize that we've only been married two years and that isn't a lot when I compare that to my parents or grandparents, but in the last two years my definition of love has changed because of Greg. Love is less about a feeling and more about a commitment to act in love.


 I was reflecting the other day about some of my not so attractive qualities. I'm not much of a morning person. My ideal day is one exactly like yesterday (ie. my tolerance for change and spontaneity is not super high). In moments of stress I can take out my frustration on the person closest to me. In spite of all of these things I know I am so very loved. Greg tells me and shows me every day in big and little ways. He turns off the light after we watch a scary episode of Criminal Minds. Just the other day he killed a cockroach that I found in the bathroom. When we go out to eat at a "fancy" restaurant, he always lets me choose White Spot. Seriously, my husband is awesome!


Sweetheart, happy two years of being married! I love you more today then I did on July 3, 2010. Thank you for loving me unconditionally, even when I'm not so loveable.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! We're so glad that you guys love one another so much. It truly is those little things that they do that make you feel so loved! Things that only you would know make a difference or matter only to you. Praying for many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete