Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

We thought we should write down some of the funny conversations we have with our students. Kids often say funny things, but I think because English isn't their first language, the stories are even funnier. At least, we laughed.

I (Karmen) was trying to have a serious talk with two of my kindergarten kids last week because I caught them fighting. At the end of the conversation I asked, "Do you understand?". One of the kids looked at me and said, "Stand up?". They both stood up. "No," I said. "Sit down. I asked you if you understand". Again, they stood up. This happened probably at least three times before I decided that I needed to find a new word for "understand".

We recently moved into our brand new classrooms. On Monday, Greg was talking to some of his students before taking them upstairs to the fourth floor where the English rooms are. One of the girls was trying to say that she had already seen the new classrooms the Friday before: "I see it yesterday, yesterday, yesterday". I guess that kind of makes sense...

We definitely had a good chuckle over these ones.

2 comments: