Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Why I Love Teaching

Yesterday, I was given this little present by one of my students. There are three full layers of chocolate bars in that box! Obviously, someone let the cat out of the bag that I like chocolate.

In that same class I watched yesterday as one girl (known for her outgoing, fun personality) sit down and help another student (a girl not generally well-liked by the others and who struggles in class) with her workbook.

Today, that same girl got eight out of ten on her spelling test. The look of joy on her face was priceless.

Every morning I get greeted by a tiny little girl in one of Greg's classes with a great big hug. One time, she gave me a hug every time she saw me in the hall or in a class. I got like five or six hugs that day.

As I walk around the school I continually hear, "There's Ms. Karmen. Hi, Ms. Karmen". The little kindergarten students are so sweet.

Though I feel exhausted at the end of every day, lately I've felt so much joy in teaching. It's frustrating at times, but then there are moments like the ones I shared above that make the others feel worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I often feel the same way, and need to remember these kinds of moments when the boy threw his food again, or the girl made the mess in the bathroom! :)

    ReplyDelete