Saturday, 31 August 2013

Greg and Karmen Go to Everland

Well, August 23rd has come and gone again. If you remember from last year, I was hoping to celebrate this birthday with a Legendary Burger and sweet potato fries from White Spot. Sadly, it was not meant to be.

So, where do you go when you want to celebrate turning a quarter-century old? Well, the Happiest Place on Earth, of course! Or, the Korean equivalent. Enter Everland, a huge amusement park outside of Seoul.

 In spite of poor reviews from some party-poopers ("that place is for kids..."), we- meaning our English department co-workers, Greg and I- decided it needed to be done. I can't speak for everyone, but I had a blast! The lines weren't too long, the rides were fun and there were at least as many adults as children, so we didn't feel silly at all.

Thanks, guys, for making my birthday memorable! I almost didn't even miss my Legendary Burger...



Can you spot the English teachers?


How we kept cool.





This wooden roller coaster is known for having the world's 2nd
steepest drop. I think I read 70 degrees...
I love rides and I opted out. I didn't want 25 to be my last birthday.
Dana, Ryan and Rachael were much braver than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment