What is my purpose in life? An important question.
On Thursday I worked my last day of construction...at least for a while. I am very thankful for the job I had this past year, I gained valuable work experience, practical handyman skills and had a positive work environment. However, I often had anxiety, at times felt in way over my head and can't say I discovered a strong passion or love for construction. It was good for a season but I am excited about what lies ahead...
Today we are flying to Mexico and as I sit in the Vancouver airport I feel a deep sense of excitement and anticipation. A big reason we are going to Mexico is to reconnect with dear friends we made during our internship and further explore if we feel there is a place for us/we have a passion and calling to return to Mexico long-term. I can't wait to see friends, the church I attended, eat tacos and speak Spanish (let's hope it's still somewhere in that brain of mine). A secondary (but equally important) reason for going to Mexico is to spend some time at the beach and celebrate our upcoming second anniversary. The last month has been a whirlwind for us and we are excited for some quality alone time!
In August, if all goes well, we will be flying to South Korea and teaching English for at least a year. The thought of experiencing a foreign culture, attempting to learn a new language, eating new food, pouring into precious children and making new friends gets me very excited.
Back to my original question: what is my purpose in life? I know I want my life to honor and glorify God. I feel strongly that God has given me a love and passion for people and an incredible joy and curiosity experiencing other cultures. Sometimes people say they wish God would just tell them exactly what their purpose in life is. He hasn't done that for me yet. But, he has made me a certain way and given me a heart that beats a certain way. As I seek to follow God and pursue my passions, I feel an overwhelming sense of contentment and peace.
Greg
No comments:
Post a Comment