Sunday, 7 July 2013

Happy Anniversary!!

This past Wednesday Karmen and I got to celebrate our third anniversary. We celebrated our first anniversary in Vancouver, our second anniversary in Guadalajara and now our third anniversary in Seoul. I wonder where we will celebrate next...

On Wednesday, we asked for and received permission to leave an hour early from work (any time off at a job in Korea is unusual). We went out for dinner at Ola's, an Italian restaurant nearby, and enjoyed some delicious pasta and garlic bread. Afterward we went for a nice walk around a lake and Karmen gave me a homemade card (along with some candies!). When we got back to our apartment, I played Karmen a song I wrote for her. It was a special evening together!

Then this weekend we booked a night at a nice hotel in Seoul, just for a chance to get away together and relax. We enjoyed using the swimming pool, something we had yet to do in Korea, watching television on a tv (a rare treat), and sleeping/relaxing on a comfy bed. Also we enjoyed a nice breakfast buffet in the morning. It was nice to have a little get away, even if it was just for one night.

Finally, I don't want to get too sappy, but I would like to close with a tribute to my wife. I am so thankful for my beautiful wife, Karmen. She is truly my best friend. She gives me strength and confidence. She supports my hopes and dreams. She loves and cares for me in so many ways. She even laughs at my jokes and makes me feel funny.
 
These past three years have had many ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade them for anything!
In front of Ola's, one of our dining fav.'s

Three years and still smiling!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment